Cook is sick and can’t get up.
大司務拉生病, 勿能起來
Da-s-voo la sang-bing, ’veh-nung chi-le.

Why do you work so very slowly?
儂做生活爲啥慢來死
Noong tsoo sang-weh we-sa man-le-si?

Because I am tired.
爲之我弛陀
We-ts ngoo sa-doo.

Perhaps you go out too much at night.
恐怕儂夜頭出去忒多
Khoong-pho noong ya-deu tsheh-chi thuh too.

I think you smoke opium (or drink wine.)
我想儂吃雅片煙 (or 吃酒)
Ngoo siang noong chuh ia-phien-ien (or chuh tsieu).

Your clothes and hat are untidy.
儂个衣帽勿整齊
Noong-kuh i-mau ’veh tsung-zi.

Don’t have your shoes down at the heel.
儂勿要拖鞋皮
Noong ’veh iau thoo ‘a-bi.

Have you not combed your hair to-day?
儂今朝勿曾梳頭否
Noong kyung-tsau ’veh-zung s-deu va?

This is not proper (respectful.)
第个是無規矩个
Di-kuh z m kwe-kyui-kuh.

Call amah to come.
呌阿媽來
Kyau A-ma le.