I want you to sew this.
我要儂做 (or 縫) 第个
Ngoo iau noong tsoo (or voong) di-kuh.
I cannot sew.
我縫勿來个
Ngoo voong-’veh-le-kuh.
Then you must learn.
蓋末儂要學
Keh-meh noong iau ‘auh.
My children are not very small; so, therefore, I want you to sew and knit and help me (lit., help in hand work).
我个小囝勿算頂小, 所以要儂相帮我做手裡生活
Ngoo-kuh siau-noen ’veh soen ting siau, soo-i iau noong siang-paung ngoo tsoo seu-li sang-weh.
Put on (baby’s) outdoor clothes and take him out.
著之外罩衣裳咾領伊到外頭去
Tsak-ts nga-tsau-i-zaung lau ling yi tau nga-deu chi.
Don’t buy anything and give her to eat.
勿要買啥物事撥伊吃
’Veh iau ma sa meh-z peh yi chuh.
Don’t give him anything to eat unless I say so.
若是我勿告訴儂末, 儂勿要撥啥伊吃
Zak-z ngoo ’veh kau-soo noong meh, noong ’veh iau peh sa yi chuh.
Because she is sick she cannot eat this.
爲之伊有毛病, 所以勿能吃第个
We-ts yi yeu mau-bing, soo-i ’veh nung chuh di-kuh.
My wages are too small, please increase them.
我个工錢勿彀, 請儂加點
Ngoo-kuh koong-dien ’veh keu, tshing noong ka-tien.
Just now I cannot increase; afterwards I will give you more.
現在我勿能加, 後首咾加儂
Yien-dze ngoo ’veh nung ka, ‘eu-seu lau ka noong.